We are in the midst of a constantly changing situation that affects everyone on earth. We are also rejoicing that we worship the true and living God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Howell Bible Church remains steadfast in our desire to honor God and our governing authorities in accordance with what the Bible teaches (1 Peter 2:17; Romans 13:1-2). We also remain steadfast in our commitment to the well-being of our community, both spiritual and physical.
Each individual and household must make decisions for themselves based on the information that is available. We pray that God will grant wisdom in accordance with His promise (e.g. James 1:5-8) as to what precautions should be taken during the COVID-19 pandemic to safeguard and protect themselves and our community.
There is a lot of opinion, conjecture, and misinformation available. For reputable information, be sure to visit: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/
The most up-to-date guidance on these and other mitigation strategies is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
This matter is rapidly evolving and MDHHS may provide updated guidance.
Executive Order, No. 2020-11:
Temporary prohibition on large assemblages and events, temporary school closures
A place of religious worship is not subject to penalty under section 3 of Executive Order 2020-11.
What Howell Bible Church is Doing
As a local church, we are taking the following steps to honor God and our governing authorities effective 3/24/2020 and until further notice [Updated 5/30/2020, 6/13/2020]:
- We have moved our Tuesday evening Bible study from our building to an online format. If you would like to participate, feel free to email email@example.com to get the required login information. All of our regular participants should have the information already. Starting June 16, 2020, we will resume meeting at the building for Tuesday evening Bible study [Updated 6/13/2020].
- We plan to utilize our property to continue gathering to worship God together while requesting that everyone maintain the prescribed social distancing mandates. Unlike many other fellowships, we have ample area outside of our building to gather outside in the grass. It has been recommended by the Governor of Michigan for people to continue getting outside of their homes while maintaining the appropriate six-foot distance between other people. Instead of visiting a park, we can gather as a church family in the outdoors while maintaining social distancing on our own property.
- Our building will be limited to only being used for the bathroom facilities and allowing for meeting inside with smaller groups. [Updated: 5/30/2020]
If you plan to gather in the open air to worship God with us on Sunday:
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Our time of worship will be outside in the elements. Pray for agreeable weather.
- Consider bringing your own chairs or other seating options. There is a lot of open space in the grass. If you’d like to sit, keep in mind that chairs will be limited unless you bring your own seating.